The Cleveland Browns started Day 1 of the mandatory minicamp on Tuesday. The minicamp will be held three days, ending on Thursday. It will be the team's last off-season program before training camp begins in late July.
RECOVERY OF THE BROWNS MINICAMP – DAY 1 (TUESDAY)
one. Duke JohnsonTrade Application: The interviews with the players took place before the beginning of the practice, and the person who dominated the headlines was RB. Duke Johnson. He reiterated his exchange request, but said he will be a professional as long as he remains a member of the Browns. You can read the full story here, but the head coach Freddie Kitchens I also had a funny comment about it:
#Browns Coach Freddie Kitchens does not send ANY words with us to the unfortunate RB Duke Johnson: "He wants to be traded, I want to win the lottery, it does not matter, he's under contract, he's a Cleveland Brown who will be used to the best of his ability in what benefits the team. "
– Aditi Kinkhabwala (@AKinkhabwala) June 4, 2019
Johnson also participated in the practice, as you can see. going through a simple tour here.
two. Odell Beckham Jr. Take the field: I never cared a bit about all the OTAs that WR Odell Beckham Jr. I was getting. Yes, I understand the debates that can be made about the construction of chemistry and example, but let's face it. We know that Beckham is a proven Superstar player, unlike all the Browns who have held that position. He can do what he wants and he will fight to be a winner here. When the time came for the mandatory minicamp on Tuesday, Beckham was live:
Beckham will have his pre-practice interview with the media on Wednesday. Before we leave Beckham, here is a red-zone annotation for you to enjoy, from Mayfield to Beckham:
3. Landry Sitting outside the minicamp: WR Jarvis landry He has a minor injury that will keep him out of the minicamp. He said no surgery is needed, but he did not reveal what the injury is. He hopes to be ready for the start of the training camp. By Daryl Ruiter of 92.3 the Fan, here are the other players who did not practice on Tuesday:
In: DT Devaroe Lawrence, S Morgan Burnett, WR Damion Ratley, WR Derrick Willies, WR Blake Jackson, CB Justin Burris #Browns
– Daryl Ruiter (@RuiterWrongFAN) June 4, 2019
Four. Austin Corbett at the start of the Right Guard: One of the most important stories that emerged from the OTAs was the fact that Kyle Kalis I was running with the offensive of the first team on the right guard instead of Austin Corbett. At least during the first day of the minicamp, that changed: Corbett was on the offensive line of the first team.
Jake Burns of the OBR noted that the offensive line of the second team consisted of LT Kendall LammLg Bryan Witzmann, C Brian KushRG Kyle Kalisand RT Brad Seaton.
5. Early Punt return candidates: With ss Jabrill peppers They exchanged the Giants, some of the first candidates to return punts (based on the first mini-camp practice) included WR Antonio Callaway, WR Ismael hymanand WR Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi.
6. Test players: There are still some players who try to give the impression of joining the Browns' list in a test. They include the following newbies: WR. Micah Wright, WR Darrion Landry, WR Jovon duringOT Ka'John Armstrongand LS James Fisher. First-year player DT Anthony Mason It is also being tested, as is the fifth year DT. Ethan Westbrooks.
7. Brownies: S Jermaine whitehead intercepted a pbad from QB Mayfield baker, and CB Denzel Ward I have QB Drew Stanton. … Jake Burns of the OBR believes that based on representatives, CB Greedy williams He looked like the "absolute starter" at the corner with Ward. … Per Ben Axelrod of WKYC, LB Adarius Taylor It was with Joe Schobert Y Christian Kirksey in the defense of the first team, while LB Genard avery It was used as a pbad rusher in the second team. … Axelrod also noticed a good red zone pbad that QB Garrett Gilbert fired at WR DJ. Montgomery. … the rookie K Austin Seibert connected on a 48-yard field goal in a hurry situation. … QB Drew Stanton He had a good day
Drew Stanton had a nice day after what I thought was a good OTA performance when the media could see. Ball jumping from his hand. He has a good knowledge of the offense. #Browns
– Jake Burns (@ jake_burns18) June 4, 2019
8. Next: Day 2 of the Browns minicamp will be Wednesday from 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM.